Saturday, August 15, 2009

EXCITING find, if you like yarn, that is


One of the things I love to do is cruise the thrift shops for things to remake. I found another thrift that I just love. I'm always on the lookout for yarn. I don't know why, when my mom died she left me a huge metal cabinet full of yarn. It just seems I can't find the exact yarn I'm looking for in all my stash, and I'm too cheap to buy new skeins and can't justify it anyway. This place didn't have any yarns, so I wandered over to look at blankets, needing another for one of the dog crates. Lo and behold, there was this beautifully organized rack of knitted and crochet afghans in wonderful yarns. I found one that though big and thick was badly felted, perfect for a dog to use, but I didn't want to spend more than $10 and typically around here a full size afghan costs $30-$60. I looked at the tag anyway and the price was an amazing $1.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment