Monday, October 19, 2009

Sorry I was gone so long

I haven't posted in almost a month because my computer started acting up.  After sending it away, it came back with a $125 repair tag and the report that nothing was wrong with it.  One of the things I had asked them to look into while they were looking was why my speakers wouldn't work.  The speakers work fine, they said, and so do ours when we hook them up to your computer.  Right now, I have no sound again, it just quit.  Another thing I asked was why, when I added more memory and also took all my old files off the computer, I have only 75% memory available.  Before, with a bunch of photos, patterns and files it had 86% available. I was told that was normal.  Today, saving nothing and running a defrag after reading email, it dropped another percentage point.  But hey, at least my computer hasn't just quit on me, like it was doing before, so I must be ahead of the game, right?  If I just disappear again, you know my computer is going back to the shop.
If it doesn't, I plan to post a pattern I worked out for the Tesselating fish afghan in double crochet.  The original knit version comes from an older book, but I saw two nice versions on knitknitfrog.blogspot  and snhrodinger212. blogspot.  Not quite what I was looking for, but nice.  I'm making a blanket for our 1 year old grandson.  So ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment